Homeostasis is a balanced ocular environment, which is the optimal state for the eyes. And, as you may have seen in your practice, digital device use can cause eye strain, triggering dry eye symptoms.1, 2
of adults spend 5 hours or more per day using digital devices.
average decrease in blink rate per minute occurs when using digital devices.4
Inspired by the biology of the eye, it’s formulated with elements essential to the ocular surface homeostasis.
(HA), an ingredient found naturally in tears*
*Hyaluronan is sourced from a large-scale natural fermentation process.
Protects HA against free radicals
Potassium contributes to tear film stability
Biotrue Hydration Boost Eye Drops can be applied while wearing soft contact lenses.*
*Based on standardized testing (ISO 11981) on soft contact lenses. Not meant to lubricate or rewet lenses.
Free of preservatives that can often cause eye irritation.
1. Barabino S, et al. Prog Retin Eye Res. 2012;31(3):271-285. doi:10.1016/j.preteyeres.2012.02.003
2. Willcox MDP, et al. Ocul Surf. 2017;15(3):366-403.doi:10.1016/j.jtos.2017.03.006
3. The Vision Council. Eyes overexposed: the digital device dilemma. 2016 digital eye strain report. Accessed April 15, 2021. https://www.invieweyecare.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Digital_Eye_Strain_Report_2016_Infographic_small.pdf
4. Wu SE. NYU Langone Health Online Journal of Medicine. January 22, 2020. Accessed April 2, 2021. https://www.clinicalcorrelations.org/2020/01/22/computer-vision-syndrome-a-growing-issue-in-a-digital-world
5. Bron AJ, et al. Ocul Surf. 2017;15(3):438-510. doi:10.1016/j.jtos.2017.05.011
6. Zhang X, et al. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18(7):1398-1425. doi:10.3390/ijms18071398